Nominations are now being called for the positions of Interested Directors on the Queensland Canoeing Board.
There are (4) Interested Director positions available, including –
Treasurer (Interested Director): One Year Term
Two (2) x Interested Directors: Two-Year Term
One (1) x Interested Director: One- Year Term
Please find attached Qld Canoeing – Board (Interested Director) Nomination 2018, which includes relevant information, desired skills and experience, and Nomination Form. A copy of the latest Qld Canoeing Constitution is available at http://qld.canoe.org.au/about-us/policies/
All nominations are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th August (14 days prior to the QC AGM to be held on 1st Sept 2018).
Further information on roles below.
The main roles and functions of the Treasurer may be summarised as follows:
· Understand all statutory, constitutional and procedural requirements
· Knowledge of financial accounting and accounting packages (Xero)
· Assist in preparation of a budget, monitor monthly financials and annual financial audit
· Make sure financial reports are available and understood at all committee meetings
· Give Treasurer’s report at regular meetings and when required.
The roles and functions of Directors may be summarised as follows:
· Formulating and implementing goals and strategic direction;
· Determining policies relevant to the governance and performance management of the business;
· Ensuring compliance with legal requirements;
· Approving the budget and ensuring the financial viability of the organisation;
· Appointing and managing the performance of the EO; and
· Establishing and determining the functions of Committees.
Any interested persons can feel free to call and discuss the role/s, commitments, and relevant skills and experience.
President, Qld Canoeing
M. 0412 194 717