Queensland Canoeing is looking for a new Executive Officer
Paddlesports are some of the fastest growing water sports in the nation and there is no better place to paddle than Queensland.
Queensland Canoeing (in the process of changing its name to “Paddle Queensland”) is the State Sporting Organisation responsible for the management, coordination, development and promotion of Paddlesports in Queensland. The term ‘Paddlesports’ includes all types of canoeing and kayaking including the Olympic disciplines of sprint and slalom, as well as canoe marathon, canoe polo, ocean racing, sea kayaking, and all forms of recreation paddling. QC both provides events, training, and activities, and supports its affiliated clubs and discipline technical committees in the conduct of their activities.
Queensland Canoeing is a not-for-profit, incorporated entity, with 32 affiliated Clubs and 1,100+ individual members across Queensland. QC delivers programs to over 5,000+ participants annually through local councils, schools, public and private enterprise. QC represents the interests of paddlers in all Paddlesports to all tiers of government, the public, and Paddle Australia.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the QC Board, the Executive Officer leads a team of currently two staff together with instructors and coaches, to achieve the organisation’s goals.
This role is permanent part-time 3 days per week (with potential for increase to full time if desired as the organisation grows). General work hours are between 9:00am – 5:00pm with weekend and evening work required. Time off in lieu is offered for work hours beyond normal weekly hours.
The Executive Officer works closely with the QC Board, Paddle Australia, the Queensland State Government and local councils, the Paddlesports technical committees, Paddlesports representatives, members, clubs, coaches, volunteers, and the broader Paddlesport community.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
• Business Development and organisational growth;
• Management and promotion of the interests, business, profitability, growth and reputation of QC;
• Financial management;
• Management of the preparation of and acquitting of grant applications and meeting Queensland State Government funded KPI
• Management of liaison, promotion and support all affiliated clubs, members, stakeholders, industry and related government bodies
• Attendance at key events and meetings related to paddle sports;
• Provision of leadership and supervision to organisation personnel;
• Ensuring sound ethical management of the organisation.
Closing Date: 25th July 2018
Apply to: President, Queensland Canoeing Inc
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close on 25th July 2018, with interviews of suitable applicants to occur shortly thereafter.
For further information on the role please contact Peter Cooke on 0412 194 717.