Are you interested in becoming a Flatwater Official and supporting this great sport?
Queensland Canoeing will be conducting a Foundation Officials Course next month covering officiating for the Flatwater disciplines of canoe sprint and marathon.
Date: Saturday 21 July 2018
Venue: Ambrose Treacy College, Twigg Street Indooroopilly
Time: 8.00am -4pm
Content: Half theory and half practical. There are no exams however all are encouraged to participate in the practical role plays. As an extension to the course, on the job mentoring will also be provided for attendees at an event in the weeks following the course. The course will be conducted by Jerry Dunn of Australian Canoe Marathon Committee.
Cost: There is a small cost for attending the course. Qld Canoeing can invoice clubs for the course costs, should the club wish to pay for their members.
Participants must complete free online course –
- Australian Sports Commission Officiating General Principles Course – Certificate of completion required prior to course.
What do Attendees Recieve:
- USB with course information and print out of ICF and PA Rules.
- Certificate of Attendance.
- Registration as an Official with Paddle Australia.
- Tea and coffee provided
What to Bring:
- Writing implements (pens, highlighters)
- Print out of Certificate of General Officiating Principles
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea
If there are questions please contact Steven Rowland, Education and Recreation Officer on 07 3899 1667 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or register following Event link below.