Nominations are now being called for the positions of Interested Directors on the Queensland Canoeing Board.
There are (4) Interested Director positions available, including –
Please find attached Qld Canoeing – Board (Interested Director) Nomination 2017 which includes relevant information, desired skills and experience, and Nomination Form. A copy of the latest Qld Canoeing Constitution is available at http://qld.canoe.org.au/about-us/policies/
All nominations are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th August (14 days prior to the QC AGM to be held on 26th August 2017).
Further information on roles below.
The main roles and functions of the President may be summarised as follows:
· Ability to understand all statutory, constitutional and procedural requirements
· Ensure the board carries out its governance role in the most effective manner possible. This includes ensuring that agendas and minutes are distributed in a timely manner, at meetings the board remains focused on its role of governance, and the meetings are run in an effective manner so that all points and opinions are heard.
· Ensure the board is focused on driving the strategic direction of the association for the growth and prosperity of the sport and members.
· From time to time the President may represent the organisation, as required
The main roles and functions of the Treasurer may be summarised as follows:
· Understand all statutory, constitutional and procedural requirements
· Knowledge of financial accounting and accounting packages (Xero)
· Assist in preparation of a budget, monitor monthly financials and annual financial audit
· Make sure financial reports are available and understood at all committee meetings
· Give Treasurer’s report at regular meetings and when required.
The roles and functions of Directors may be summarised as follows:
· Formulating and implementing goals and strategic direction;
· Determining policies relevant to the governance and performance management of the business;
· Ensuring compliance with legal requirements;
· Approving the budget and ensuring the financial viability of the organisation;
· Appointing and managing the performance of the EO; and
· Establishing and determining the functions of Committees.
Any interested persons can feel free to call and discuss the role/s, commitments, and relevant skills and experience.
Executive Officer, Qld Canoeing
W. (07) 3899 1667
M. 0414 960 728